April 14, 2021 8:37am
Greater Louisville Inc. Announces 2021 Silver Fleur-De-Lis Award Recipients
Recipients will be honored at GLI’s Annual Meeting on June 10
Louisville, Ky. (April 14, 2021) – To honor commitment to and investment in the region, Greater Louisville Inc. (GLI) will honor 10 business leaders with Silver Fleur-De-Lis Awards at its Annual Meeting presented by Baird on June 10. The Silver Fleur-De-Lis Awards are given annually to recognize outstanding commitments and achievements over the past year in making the Louisville community a better place to live and work.
This year’s recipients are being recognized for their work during the 2020 calendar year. The winners are:
- Edward Lee and Lindsey Ofcacek, The LEE Initiative, for their work to establish the Restaurants Workers Relief Program.
- Clay Simpson and Tyler Jury, Clayton and Crume, for their small business’s pivot from producing leather goods to critical personal protective equipment for the state during the pandemic.
- Mark and Cindy Lynn, Brad Estes, Soccer Holding LLC/LouCity FC, and Erin Rasinen, Messer Construction Company, for the completion and grand opening of Lynn Family Stadium.
- Tawana Bain, TBAIN & Co. and Board Chair of the Global Economic Diversity Development Initiative (GEDDI), for her efforts to advance racial equity and inclusion throughout the region. This award is sponsored by Churchill Downs Incorporated.
- Dan Oliver, Dan-O’s Seasoning, for his company’s exponential growth and innovative marketing tactics.
“These recipients displayed courage and servant leadership when our community needed it most,” said Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, President and CEO of Greater Louisville Inc. “The theme of this year’s Annual Meeting is resilience, and I am thrilled to honor these leaders from a variety of professions and backgrounds who embody what it means to persevere in the face of adversity.”
Annual Meeting presented by Baird will be held on June 10 at 4 p.m. There will be options to join in-person at the Kentucky International Convention Center and virtually. Lisa Drake, Chief Operating Officer of North America, Ford, will give the keynote address and share her thoughts on innovation through disruption, Ford’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and much more.
Both in-person and virtual tickets are on-sale now. Note that in-person tickets are currently limited but may increase as public health guidance allows.