Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Louisville: Greater Together. Greater Louisville Inc. values the differences and backgrounds of all people. We know that our future is brighter when everyone is included. We have always stood for accelerating economic growth, job creation and business competitiveness in the Greater Louisville area. We are committed to actively ensuring the growth of diversity, equity and inclusion in those pursuits.
Why Diversity, Equity & Inclusion?
GLI acknowledges that DE&I drives business competitiveness, job creation, increase diverse employee populations, and promotes inclusive economic growth throughout the Louisville region and will continue to:
- Advocating A Diverse & Competitive Workforce
- Facilitate minority business growth and development
- Ensure diverse talent is connected and feels a sense of place in the region.
How GLI advocates for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
A Diverse & Competitive Workforce
Kentucky will thrive most when it positively attracts and retains the best national and international human capital and talent. To further this objective, Kentucky’s primary, secondary, and postsecondary education institutions should adequately support English as a Second Language (ESL), foreign language, and global competency programs. In addition, state immigration regulations, public policies, and incentives in Kentucky should welcome and encourage top talent to settle in the Commonwealth. Immigration and positive domestic in-migration legislation should streamline compliance with immigration regulations for Kentucky’s businesses to thrive. GLI promotes and embraces diversity, inclusion, and equality. GLI strongly opposes any discriminatory legislation or regulation that might hinder any person’s desire to live and work in Kentucky.
GLI works hard to initiate, support, and promote inclusive strategies. You can learn about some of those initiatives below:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Events
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Series (Event 1)
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Series (Event 2): Bridging the Identity
- Divide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Series (Event 3): Creating an Inclusive Culture
- Executive Assistant How To: Find Your Role in The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Movement
Educational Institution Resources
Diversity Committee at GLI