GLI Workforce & Education Initiatives
Greater Louisville Inc. connects businesses with opportunities to engage with tomorrow’s workforce and education initiatives. Whether you are relocating in the region, expanding, or sustaining your current operation we can help you find the best resources and opportunities to meet your talent needs.
Live in Lou is the region’s premier talent attraction and retention initiative. GLI has developed a suite of tools to assist you as you recruit top talent to the region. Employers can post open jobs, download relocation information, and point candidates to information on what makes Greater Louisville unique. We’ve even developed a City Champs program that connects new or prospective residents with trained brand ambassadors to provide a warm and friendly welcome.
The job seeker connection program allows GLI to identify employers who need talent and match them with employees seeking work. Employers tell us the open positions they are looking to fill. GLI staff actively look for talent in the marketplace and maintain a list of those candidates. When candidates match open positions, we connect you to them.
LinkedIn Talent Insights Campaign
Through a partnership with LinkedIn, GLI can develop customized campaigns to help you hire that hard-to-find talent. We analyze available talent across the U.S., identifying geographical areas where the supply of that talent outpaces demand, where salaries and/or cost of living are comparable or beneficial to Greater Louisville, and curate a list of potential candidates who fit those parameters. We then contact the candidates on your behalf and send qualified, interested candidates to your inbox.
Mitigating Barriers to Work
Many members of our community face one or more barriers to stable employment. GLI helps employers understand how to mitigate barriers like transportation, childcare, expungement, digital access, and more, through educational content, coaching, events, and connectivity to available resources.
Workforce Ecosystem Hub
GLI is currently developing an online platform to help jobseekers and employers identify available upskilling/reskilling opportunities in our community. Job seekers will find available workforce partners, training programs (free and fee-based),and pathways to careers. Employers will find resources to upskill/reskill their workforce, as well as state and federal funding available to supplement the cost of that training.
Talent Pipeline Management (TPM):
- Partnership with the Kentucky Chamber Workforce Center & KentuckianaWorks
- Increase the quality & quantity of skilled workforce
- Improve relationships between employers & educators/training providers
- Led by statewide employer driven collaboratives in key sectors:
- Business Services
- Partnership between GLI, Jefferson County Public Schools and KentuckianaWorks
- Schools offer unique coursework related to high demand career pathways
- Students graduate with real-world credentials, certifications, work-based learning experiences and strong soft-skills
- Businesses partners provide:
- Curriculum guidance
- Project-based learning opportunities
- Career readiness & exploration activities
- Field Trips
- Student employment opportunities
- Summerworks promotes meaningful internships for youth ages 16-21
- Partnership with Academies of Louisville to place students in internships related to their career pathways
- Offers opportunities for recent high school graduates who are not immediately pursuing post-secondary education