In 2016, Greater Louisville Inc. and One Southern Indiana established a 15-county bi-state region to work together to accelerate regional economic growth. This partnership’s mission is to support and grow the regional economy, making the Greater Louisville region more competitive in the global marketplace. GLI’s Bi-State Issues Committee focuses on policies that promote regionalism and economic growth on both sides of the Ohio River.
The Bi-State Issues Committee generally meets twice per year—once in the Fall and once in the Spring—and also receives specialized emails and calls-to-action on issues related to the Committee’s interests. To learn more about joining the Committee, send us a quick email. All GLI investors are eligible to serve on one or more of GLI’s six Issue Advisory Committees.
2020 Bi-state Priorities
- Support the Our Southern Indiana Regional Development Authority
- Finish the Louisville Loop
- Prepare Southern Indiana for Future Growth
- Capitalize on Opportunity Zones in Greater Louisville
- Invest in Regional Parks
- Expand Access to Regional Broadband
- The Ohio River as a Water Resource & Economic Driver
- Supporting a Healthier Regional Workforce by Passing Legislation to Lower Tobacco & Vaping Usage
- Pass a Pregnant Workers Law in Indiana
- Pass the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact in Indiana