In 2016, Greater Louisville Inc. and One Southern Indiana established a 15-county bi-state region to work together to accelerate regional economic growth. This partnership’s mission is to support and grow the regional economy, making the Greater Louisville region more competitive in the global marketplace. GLI’s Bi-State Issues Committee focuses on policies that promote regionalism and economic growth on both sides of the Ohio River.
The Bi-State Issues Committee generally meets twice per year—once in the Fall and once in the Spring—and also receives specialized emails and calls-to-action on issues related to the Committee’s interests. To learn more about joining the Committee, send us a quick email. All GLI investors are eligible to serve on one or more of GLI’s six Issue Advisory Committees.
2021 Bi-state Priorities
- Continue funding the Indiana Regional Cities initiative
- Support infrastructure and land development in Southern Indiana
- Increase connectivity through public transportation investment and leverage quality of place projects throughout Greater Louisville
- Support tuition reciprocity in Kentucky and Indiana
- Establish bi-state reciprocity for economic development tax incentive programs
- More closely align Kentucky and Indiana labor laws through passage of pregnant workers legislation in Indianapolis
- Ease licensing and credentialing rules across state lines for employers and workers