|Louisville, Ky. (November 29, 2022) – Five Louisville organizations will be honored with GLI’s Silver Fleur-de-Lis award for their outstanding commitments and achievements to the community. Each year, these awards are given to celebrate individuals and organizations who have made the Louisville community a better place to live and work over the past year. This year’s recipients will be recognized at GLI’s Annual Meeting presented by Baird on February 1st at the Kentucky International Convention Center.
This year, three awards will be given to five organizations for their work in 2022:
- Louisville Urban League for the construction and full funding of the transformational Norton Healthcare Sports and Learning Center in the West End. The president and CEO of the Louisville Urban League, Dr. Kish Cumi Price, and the former president and CEO, Sadiqa Reynolds, will accept the award on behalf of the organization. This award is graciously sponsored by Norton Healthcare.
- Kentucky Derby Festival for successfully retaining staff, maintaining financial security, and bringing the festival back bigger than ever in 2022, all while navigating an unprecedented public health crisis. Matt Gibson, president and CEO of the festival, will accept the award.
- Three local organizations will be honored for their collective work providing critical aid both in Eastern and Western Kentucky following devastating natural disasters. Collectively, the Salvation Army, SOS International, and WaterStep stepped up to support fellow Kentuckians and inspired local communities to take action in order to recover and rebuild.
- Captains Lacy and Jimmy Parrish, Louisville Area Commanders, will accept the award on behalf of the Salvation Army.
- Denise Sears, president and CEO of SOS International, will accept the award on behalf of the organization.
- WaterStep founder & CEO, Mark Hogg, and WaterStep board member, Greg Heitzman, will accept the award on behalf of the organization.
“I am proud to recognize each of this year’s Silver Fleur-de-Lis recipients for their dedication to making our community the best it can be.” said Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, president and CEO of Greater Louisville Inc. “In recent years, it has become more important than ever that we come together as a city, a region, and a state to address our challenges and create change. This year’s recipients embody a spirit of unity and show that when we come together, our community will thrive.”
GLI’s Annual Meeting presented by Baird is the region’s largest convening of business leaders, celebrating the accomplishments of the past year, highlighting our region’s community leaders, and bringing together innovators, thought leaders, and entrepreneurs to build momentum for the year ahead. The theme of this year’s event is “Together for a Greater Louisville”, and the event will focus on the importance of unity and expanding collaboration between businesses and the public sector.
Discounted early bird pricing is available now through December 2. Tickets and tables are available here.