Kentucky RX Card
As a resident of Kentucky, you and your family have access to a statewide Prescription Assistance Program (PAP). This pharmacy coupon card will provide you with Rx medication savings of up to 75%at more than 68,000 pharmacies across the country. This Coupon/Card is pre-activated and can be used immediately!
Kentucky Rx Card Highlights
- Free For Everyone. All residents are eligible to get pharmacy discounts through this program. The program may be used to provide savings on prescriptions not covered by your health insurance or Medicare Part D. The program may also be used instead of your insurance coverage when it offers greater savings than your copay.
- No Restrictions. There are no enrollment forms, no age or income requirements, no waiting periods, no eligibility required, no exclusions, covers pre-existing conditions, no claim forms to file, no annual or lifetime limits.
- Lowest Price. This program has Lowest Rx Price Logic to guarantee that you get the best pricing on prescriptions (Card holders pay the lower of a discount off Average Wholesale Price-AWP, discount off MAC Pricing, or Pharmacy Promotional/Retail price). You can save up to 75% on your medications (average savings are roughly 30%)!
- Medications. The program includes discounts on brand and generic medications, open formulary so that all medications are eligible for discounts.
- Accepted Everywhere. The Discount Prescription Card is pre-activated and accepted at over 68,000 pharmacies around the country including most major chains.
- Confidential. No personal information is required to get a card.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does This Prescription Drug Savings Program Work?
Kentucky Rx Card is partnered with companies that negotiates discounts directly with the pharmacies on over 20,000 name brand and generic drugs. These discounts are then passed directly on to cardholders.
Who Is Eligible To Participate In The Kentucky Rx Card Program?
Membership to the Kentucky Rx Card program has no requirements. Unlike insurance programs, there is no income, age, pre-existing condition, deductible, or waiting period restrictions. The program is designed to help patients nationwide who do not have prescription drug coverage or who have coverage but are subject to large deductibles, large co-pays, formulary limitations, dosing limitations, gaps, and/or any cash out-of-pocket expenses.
How Much Does The Kentucky Rx Card Membership Card Cost?
The Kentucky Rx Card program is absolutely FREE. We provide this service to any and all Kentucky residents that wish to save on their prescription prices. There are no premiums or deductibles associated with this program whatsoever. Printable cards are available free of charge from our website.
Which Prescription Drugs Do They Cover?
The Kentucky Rx Card Program covers all FDA approved brand name and generic prescription medications. Use our medication pricing tool to search for your prescription.
What Is The Typical Savings Amount?
For the year 2016 the average savings was 32% off retail pricing for brand and generic drug prescriptions.
Which Pharmacies Can I Go To?
We have a constantly expanding list of over 68,000 participating major chain pharmacies and local pharmacies nationwide. Use the Pharmacy Locator to see if your pharmacy is in our network. We have also provided a list of participating pharmacies.
Can I Check A Specific Prescription’s Price Before Purchasing?
Yes, we have provided a tool that will allow you to look up the cost of your prescription at any pharmacy. This prescription pricing tool is located on our home page, or you can use this medication pricing link.
How Can I Be Assured I Am Getting The Lowest Price?
The discounted price may vary by as much as 75% depending on the drug and the pharmacy discount rate contracted with Kentucky Rx Card. While pharmacy prices may vary from week-to-week and by the geographic location, the patient is guaranteed the lowest price available regardless of whether it is the Kentucky Rx Card price, your present insurance program’s price, or the pharmacy’s already discounted price.
How Do I Use The Kentucky Rx Card?
1. Select a pharmacy: Kentucky Rx Card is valid at over 68,000 network pharmacy locations nationwide. In most cases, your current pharmacy will be part of our network.
2. Submit your prescription: Present your prescription to the pharmacist. If you need to transfer a prescription, bring your empty prescription bottle or label with you to the pharmacy.
3. Present Kentucky Rx Card: Your card’s unique code provides the pharmacist with the appropriately discounted prescription price. The price on the prescription is based on the pharmacy’s contracted agreement with Kentucky Rx Card and our partners.
4. Start Saving: Your savings will be clear once the pharmacist enters your filled prescription into the register. Whether the lowest discount price is the Kentucky Rx Card’s price, your present insurance program’s price, or the pharmacy’s already discounted price, you are GUARANTEED to receive the LOWEST price available!
*This program is not insurance. This is a point-of-sale discount program.