Education & Workforce Development
GLI’s Education and Workforce Development Committee focuses on a range of issues related to our regional labor force. One of GLI’s top strategic goals is to make Greater Louisville home to the most competitive workforce on the globe. This means developing a world-class education system and workforce training programs to cultivate a homegrown workforce as well as pursuing innovative policies aimed at attracting and retaining top talent.
The Education and Workforce Development Committee generally meets twice per year—once in the Fall and once in the Spring—and also receives specialized emails and calls-to-action on issues related to the Committee’s interests. To learn more about joining the Committee, send us a quick email. All GLI investors are eligible to serve on one or more of GLI’s six Issue Advisory Committees.
Education and Workforce Development Priorities
- Expand Access to Pre-K Education and Childcare
- Increase State Investment in K-12 Education & Higher Ed.
- Create a More Dynamic Compensation System for Educators
- Increase Educational Options for Kentucky Families
- Support STEAM Initiatives
- Support University Research & Libraries
- Oppose Anti-Inclusive & Discriminatory Legislation
- Invest in Workforce Training & Retraining Initiatives
- Incentivize High-Skill Workers to Relocate to Kentucky
- Incentivize More Workforce Housing
- Provide More Treatment & Recovery Resource for the Substance Use Disorder Crisis
- Reform Kentucky’s Criminal Justice System
- Improve Expungement Laws, Probation, Parole, & Cash Bail Systems
To read more about GLI’s Federal priorities, click here.
- STEAM Education and Workforce Programs
- Early Childhood and Development
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Funding for Workforce Education
- Postsecondary Education
- Financial Aid and Student Debt
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
- Supported Employment Initiatives
- Criminal Justice Reform