Welcome to the Bluegrass – you’ve hit the Trifecta.
Trifecta Kentucky is a region comprised of 22 counties within central Kentucky and Southern Indiana. It’s home to 2.2 million people and within a day’s drive of 2/3 of the U.S. population. And it’s a region that offers highly competitive advantages within the logistics, life sciences and pharmaceutical sectors.
We’re in the heart of it all with a competitive cost of doing business.
The Trifecta Kentucky region is a strategic hub at the center of 20 million people from Columbus to St. Louis and Chicago to Nashville:
- Louisville’s cost of living is 4% lower and housing costs 21% lower than the national average.
- Lexington’s cost of living is 6% lower and housing costs 24% lower than the national average.
- Kentucky has the second-lowest cost of electricity in the industrial sector among states east of the Mississippi River
Top tier academics help us to lead the way.
The University of Kentucky (UK) is one of only eight universities in the country with a major medical center featuring six health sciences colleges and the full spectrum of academic colleges on one continuous campus. UofL’s research centers and institutes include facilities for drug discovery, rapid prototyping, materials development, renewable energy research and more.
- The U.S. Census Bureau ranks Lexington as the with 45% of the population 25 years or older holding at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Lexington is the 11th most highly educated city in the nation in cities over 300,000 in population.
- UK and the University of Louisville (UofL) received almost $1 billion in funding in 2022 from the National Institutes of Health.
Logistically, we’re second to none.
UPS Healthcare has introduced UPS Healthcare Labport at Worldport, a new end-of-runway wet lab facility which will soon be home to several UPS Healthcare diagnostic lab customers. This state-of-the art facility is the first of its kind for a 3PL and will offer:
- Quicker speed to market with multiple suites of lab-ready space available to license
- Faster turnaround times for test results with the ability to receive specimens as early as 1 a.m.
For developing and manufacturing medically sensitive materials, providing testing, lab and tissue-banking services, or being the hub of personalized or regenerative medical treatment solutions, you can’t beat Trifecta Kentucky.
Lifesciences lead the way in Kentucky.
Since 2014, the Trifecta Kentucky region has added nearly a dozen lab and diagnostics facility, as well as other healthcare logistics-focused companies. Our permitting, skilled workforce availability and tax incentives are ready to support projects at every stage. One example is the University of Kentucky’s Coldstream Research Campus. It’s a 735-acre hub of innovation and creativity with 2,250 employees in biotech, pharmaceuticals and more; labs, clean rooms, manufacturing, warehouse, and office space. Louisville was recognized as a by Forbes in 2018, thanks in part to being the home of headquarters for Humana, Kindred, Atria, Trilogy, and Springstone.
Lifestyle is king in Kentucky.
The Bluegrass area is filled with spectacular lakes and parks, outdoor activities and renowned cultural attractions. It’s a food lover’s paradise. It’s home to Keeneland and Churchill Downs. In short, it’s a great place to live, work, and play.
We want to hear from you. Are you interested in connecting with one of our partners?
Thank you to our Trifecta Kentucky partners.