July 21, 2017 8:00am
GLI Announces 2017 Inc.credible Awards Finalists
For Immediate Release: July 21, 2017
Greater Louisville Inc., the Metro Chamber of Commerce, is pleased to announce the 29 companies in the running for the 2017 Inc.credible Awards presented by Citizens Union Bank. The annual awards celebrate small businesses within the Greater Louisville region.
GLI is pleased to recognize small businesses in six categories this year. All finalists are listed below in alphabetical order.
Very Small Business of the Year Award (1-9 employees) presented by Mortenson Family Dental
The winning company exemplifies both business and civic leadership. Community involvement, management practices and overall financial performance are the primary criteria for this category.
- C2 Strategic Communications – C2 Strategic Communications works with clients to understand their communications challenges, create strategies, develop messages that engage audiences and drive action so they can turn complex subjects into easy-to-understand messages.
- Cuddle Clones – Cuddle Clones strives to capture the emotional connection between people and their pets through customized plush products, while donating a portion of each Cuddle Clone purchased to pet-related causes.
- EOP Architects – Believing creativity is fostered by all in an environment where challenging the process is the daily routine, EOP Architects seek to enhance the human experience through thoughtful design.
- Farm to Fork Catering – Farm to Fork Catering works directly with local farmers, artisans, and distribution centers to create culinary experiences Louisville will never forget using ingredients provided by the region’s small family farms and producers.
- findCRA – findCRA brings order to the innumerable resources and opportunities available for Community Reinvestment Act participants by organizing everything in a centralized location, and educating non-profits how to best tell their stories, and equipping banks with the tools to streamline relationship-building
- Liz and Roo Fine Baby Bedding – Liz and Roo, a female-founded bedding business, offers a modern, sophisticated, made-in-the-USA baby bedding line that emphasizes safety, quality workmanship, and style.
Small Business of the Year Award (10-100 employees) presented by Paducah Bank
The winning company must exemplify both business and civic leadership. Community involvement, management practices, and overall financial performance are the primary criteria for this category.
- Alliance Cost Containment – Alliance Cost Containment strives to raise clients’ bottom lines by reducing their indirect expenses and allowing all types of companies to maximize operating revenue.
- American Founders Bank, Inc. – American Founders Bank specializes in small business banking, believing that businesses are the lifeblood of the community and the people who risk so much and sacrifice so much to start, run, and grow businesses deserve the very best banking experience possible.
- Art Eatables – Bourbon Chocolates – Art Eatables is dedicated to providing hand-made, bourbon-infused and bourbon-themed candies and chocolates that taste amazing, look great, and are presented beautifully.
- Elite Homes – Elite Homes is a is a luxury home builder in Louisville Kentucky that uses state-of-the-art construction techniques, a full service design center, and dependable, quality contractors to exceed client expectations.
- Trinity Video Communications, Inc. – Trinity Video Communications’ strives to be an innovative technology company providing system solutions and expertise using the most advanced IT, A/V, and Unified Communications technology available, while inspiring our people to do so with a passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Advanced Manufacturing & Logistics Award presented by Aerotek
This award recognizes a business that best demonstrates the use of effective lean methodologies and techniques that focus on improvements in: quality, productivity, environmental impact, customer service, and safety.
- Advanced Energy Materials – Advanced Energy Materials has developed a break-through technology for bulk production of nanomaterials and seeks to become a commercial supplier of two technology-driven products: high performance catalysts and high energy density lithium ion batteries for both auto and stationary applications.
- L&D Mail Masters, Inc. – As a full-service direct marketing firm. L&D Mail Masters progresses with customers’ need to give their clients a one-stop shop for creating campaigns that relate, captivate, cultivate and resonate with their target audience.
- perITech Inc. – perITech Inc. is a professional services company offering a complete suite of services that include design, planning, procurement, staging, implementation, support and management for voice, data, infrastructure, application development and physical security technologies.
- PLS (Packaging & Logistics Solutions) – PLS (Packaging & Logistics Solutions) is a value-add packaging company that focuses on packaging optimization to help customers meet their top packaging, operational and supply chain goals & initiatives through their proven Lean Sigma process.
- SkuVault – SkuVault is a warehouse management technology platform that empowers small and medium enterprises to optimize operations so they can scale and compete in the growing e-commerce market at a low cost.
Non-Profit Impact Award presented by Ladyfingers Catering
This award is presented to the small business that is seen as a leader in the Greater Louisville community. This business has made significant contributions to advancing arts and culture in Greater Louisville and sees community investment as a core part of the company’s values.
- Americana Community Center – Americana World Community Center is bridging the gap from surviving to thriving for Louisville’s refugee, immigrant and underserved populations through education, family support, youth achievement, and career and financial development.
- Jewish Family & Career Services – Jewish Family & Career Services is a non-profit comprehensive human services organization founded in 1908, serving the entire community with programs focusing on family, work, education, older adults, immigrants and refugees.
- Louisville Public Media – Believing an informed and educated citizenry is vital to a healthy democracy and a thriving city, Louisville Public Media provides broad access to news and cultural programming that is free from commercial and political influence.
- New Directions Housing Corporation – New Directions Housing Corporation believes caring neighbors build community. In partnership with neighborhoods and other stakeholders, they develop and maintain affordable housing and vital communities.
- Paws With Purpose – Provides highly skilled Assistance Dogs as partners to children and adults with physical disabilities or other special needs at no cost to the recipients.
Innovation Award presented by Middleton Reutlinger
This award recognizes a business that provides innovative product or services. Innovative solutions can include technologies, programing, processes, systems, etc.
- Beyond Zero, Inc. – Beyond Zero Inc. is an innovative start-up that has invented a way to freeze virtually any liquor into ice cubes without the use of nitrogen, eliminating the problem of watered-down drinks.
- Capture Higher Ed – Capture Higher Ed. built a combination of behavioral analytics, enrollment prediction solutions, and marketing services to deliver unparalleled results and valuable information about university clients’ prospective students.
- Slingshot (formerly igNew) – Driven by a passion for solving problems and enabling your business to achieve greater heights through technology, Slingshot is a software vendor that utilizes the latest principles of lean and agile to test, validate, and learn from everything they do.
- WEST WIND POWER – West Wind Power is an alternative energy startup that has invented a method to modify airflow, double wind speed, and deliver a low wind velocity power generation unit that is combined with solar panels to create a cost-effective system and can be deployed anywhere.
Healthcare & Wellness Award presented by Humana
This award recognizes a business that is contributing to the fields of health and wellness. Whether by introducing innovative solutions to the healthcare field or by providing excellent service for individual health and wellness.
- All Women OB/GYN, PSC – Committed to remaining an independent practice as they grow, All Women OB/GYN strives to provide the highest quality women’s health care with compassion and sensitivity.
- Core Fluency Pilates, LLC – Core Fluency Pilates, LLC has a vision to create world peace, one person at a time, by inspiring and empowering individuals to recreate their health, and to live fun, vibrant and satisfying lives, tailoring each pilates lesson to meet and exceed an individual’s goals for health and wellness
- GFOUNDATION – GFOUNDATION has a commitment to reducing poverty, hunger and homelessness in Kentucky associated with illiteracy, lack of education, mental illness and unemployment by understanding the issues facing vulnerable populations and developing the right nutritional solutions to address their dietary needs.
- UberGreen Spaces & Homes – Because Uber Green Spaces & Homes believes that every space we inhabit should have its occupant’s optimal health and wellness in mind while giving back to the environment, they aim to design and build socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative homes and buildings.
There will also be a People’s Choice Award presented by Right Angle, which can be voted on here. All of the finalists are eligible for that honor.
“The Inc.credible Awards are a chance for Greater Louisville to really celebrate all the small businesses that make our region unique and vibrant,” Kent Oyler, President & CEO of GLI, said. “We are always excited to see the innovative business solutions that are being pioneered by the smaller players in our community.”
Since 2000, the Inc.credible Awards have recognized multiple small, local businesses for their ongoing contributions to our community’s economic vitality. The awards will be presented at the Inc.credible Awards Celebration on August 24th, 2017 at 4:30 PM at the Kentucky Center for Performing Arts. To attend the 2017 Inc.credible Awards, register here.
Media Contact: Alison Brotzge-Elder, firstname.lastname@example.org; 502-262-0359