GLI Health & Wellness Solutions
Greater Louisville Inc. has partnered with Humana to help businesses with one of their largest expenses: health insurance. The new HealthSolutions plan is available exclusively to investors who join an employer industry sub-association. Businesses that enroll in this special association plan can potentially save up to 40% on health insurance premiums.
HealthSolutions Average Savings Example
Company Size: 19
Annual Premium: $64,068
Annual Premium with HealthSolutions: $57,662 (Save $6,000+)*
* a savings is not guaranteed, contact your broker for specific information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be a GLI investor?
Yes, you must be a current GLI investor to participate. Chamber investors are eligible to join an association with employers in their industry that will help GLI address industry needs, including health coverage for employees. A business must have two or more employees and a qualifying SIC code to participate in an industry association and enroll in Humana HealthSolutions. If you’re not a current GLI investor, you can become one here.
How much can I save?
Savings will vary depending on company size and type of coverage, but HealthSolutions prices are usually 5-20% less than typical plans.
Do I qualify?
Currently, the plan is only available to groups of 2+ with eligible SIC Codes. Check with your broker to see if your company’s SIC code is eligible. Examples of eligible businesses include:
- Finance Insurance & Real Estate: Insurance Carriers, Insurance Agents, Brokers and Service, Real Estate, Security and Commodity Brokers, Dealers, Exchanges, Depository Institutions
- Mining, Construction, Manufacturing: Metal & Coal Mining, Building Construction, Food and Kindred Products, Textile Mill Products, Furniture and Fixture, Manufacturing Industries
- Services: Hotels, Campus and Other Lodging, Personal & Business Services, Automotive Repair, Motion Pictures, Health, Legal, Educational & Social Services, Membership Organizations, Engineering Account and related services
- Wholesale & Retail Trade: Wholesale Trade Goods, Building Materials, Hardware, Garden Supply, General Merchandise Stores, Food Stores, Apparel and Accessory Stores, Eating and Drinking Places
Are Indiana companies eligible?
Yes, Southern Indiana companies in the following counties are eligible for HealthSolutions: Clark, Dearborn, Floyd, Franklin, Harrison, Jefferson, Lake, Ohio, Posey, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, Union, Vandenburgh, Warrick and Washington.
Are there additional fees?
In addition to your GLI membership, there is an annual Industry & Health Administrative fee.
2-9 Employees: $350
What if my company is currently insured with Humana?
You can switch to this plan and potentially realize savings. Check with your broker to see how much HealthSolutions can save your company.
What if a company is already enrolled with another health insurer?
You can switch to HealthSolutions anytime and start saving.
- Healthcare Reform Guide
- Employer Benefits Roadmap
- Impact of Healthcare Reform on Employers
- Healthcare Reform Timeline
- Sign Up for Healthcare Reform Updates
- Healthcare Glossary