September 14, 2017 11:29am
Who’s Funded? A Roundup of Startups Making Waves
Every month EnterpriseCorp tracks Louisville-based startups that receive funding through public and private investment. Here are our most recent clients that have received funding:
Vogt Award Program Grants – $25,000 each
- Eidolon — Protects families threatened by the dangers of vacant properties through the deployment of proprietary devices that alert EMS when a property catches fire. Customers pay per device per month and a one-time installation fee.
- HeXalayer – An innovative technology startup focused on the exponential improvement in lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries. The material used in their patent pending technology has been extensively studied, with reproducible methods of synthesizing.
- Lokator Pitching Academy – A patented strike zone system for baseball and softball pitchers that is used for instruction, evaluation, and predictive analysis. The company developed vision technology for the iPhone that detects the location, velocity, and trajectory of pitches thrown, and then exports big data to their proprietary online database.
- Meta Construction Technologies – A construction-tech firm that’s giving control to the asphalt industry with its innovative Fleet Dispatch software solution, BlackTop, a mobile app.
- RCM Brain – Helps healthcare providers collect more revenue from insurance companies by analyzing their contracts and claim payment information. The initial contingency fee service offering is designed to identify missing revenue from contractual underpayments and invalid denials. A planned subscription software platform will automatically identify billing and collection opportunities, while increasing the speed of claims processing with detailed productivity tracking.
- WeatherCheck – monitors residential property addresses 24 / 7 / 365 via a SaaS subscription model. They then provide a historical report giving actionable steps to help property owners and service providers complete the insurance claims filing process.
Breath Diagnostics – $350,000 in undisclosed funding
- Implementing breath analysis technology to provide early detection for cancers and reduce patient exposure to costly, high risk medical procedures.
RCM Brain – $450,000 by local angel investors
- Helps healthcare providers collect more revenue from insurance companies by analyzing their contracts and claim payment information.