June 7, 2017 5:10pm
GLI Releases 2017 Federal Policy Agenda
Ahead of its 2017 DC Fly In, GLI is releasing a document outlining its federal priorities for the business community in 2017.
“Elected officials representing our region in Washington need to hear from local business leaders to help our region grow,” Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, GLI’s Chief Operating Officer, said. “The DC Fly In allows leaders from a variety of industries to address our officials in an impactful way.”
Each issue on the GLI Federal Agenda directly impacts multiple businesses in the Greater Louisville region. Those include:
- Continuing to improve our multi-modal transportation and infrastructure networks to remain a world-class logistics hub.
- Supporting increased investment in small businesses, while ensuring all businesses have the trade and labor environment necessary to compete in the world economy.
- Supporting health care reforms that would improve collaborative care and reduce undue regulatory and financial burdens on employers and providers. Ensuring improved health care access for all populations through adequate reimbursement for services and community interventions that keep people healthier, lower overall health care costs, produce a healthier workforce, and improve community quality of life.
- Easing the burden imposed by onerous or unnecessary regulations on Greater Louisville’s top industries.
- Supporting increases in investment for our next generation of entrepreneurs, innovators, and employees.
The policy priorities were selected by business leaders participating in GLI’s Public Policy Committee system. GLI also surveyed its investor base to obtain feedback on federal policy issues. You can view the full agenda here.
“Our committees take a holistic look at the region’s business ecosystem to ensure we are addressing the most timely and pertinent issues,” said Davasher-Wisdom. “We are looking forward to building a more vibrant, business-friendly region through our advocacy efforts in 2017 and beyond.”
Dozens of business leaders from across the Greater Louisville region will be embarking to Washington on June 21st and 22nd for GLI’s 2017 DC Fly In. More information on the elected officials and additional speakers scheduled during the DC Fly In can be found by clicking here.