March 17, 2020 1:43pm
GLI COVID-19 Update
As the voice of Greater Louisville’s business community, GLI aims to keep each and every one of you informed.
During this critical time, GLI wants to be your resource for the most up-to-date information on what your business needs to know about the Coronavirus and its impact on our community. We will be providing regular updates to keep you informed and provide you with the resources you need to help navigate the uncertainty we all face.
Here are some helpful resources that your business can use to help you through this crisis. You can also follow the latest updates in Kentucky on the Kentucky Cabinet for Health & Family Services Covid-19 site. Information on Indiana’s Coronavirus cases is available on the Indiana State Department of Health site.
- CDC Interim Guidelines for Businesses and Employers
- OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for Covid-19
- Louisville Metro Government Coronavirus Guidelines
- CDC Coronavirus Communication Resources
- SBA Guidance for Coronavirus Planning & Response
- Tips for Creating a Crisis Management Plan
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Webinar on Coronavirus Response Recommendations
- Current Travel Warnings & Alerts and Destinations at Risk of Community Spread
- Explaining the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Steps to Take if You are Sick
At GLI, we have implemented the following recommendations:
- We are requiring that employees who feel ill do not come to work.
- We are encouraging employees to work remotely.
- We are asking that all employees wash their hands thoroughly and follow CDC guidelines to prevent illness.
- We ask that all employees thoroughly and regularly disinfect their work areas.
- We are postponing in-person group meetings and events or changing them to conference calls or web meetings in an effort to flatten the Coronavirus curve.
- We are encouraging all employees and investors to continue to support our local businesses to minimize the impact on our local economy.
Working together to utilize these resources and implement best practices will pull us through this crisis. We want you to know that we are here for you and we will continue to monitor the latest news and communicate the most important information as it comes in.
Stay safe and be well,