July 6, 2022 3:01pm
Finding You in Lou kicks off second summer cohort
GLI’s second annual ‘Finding You in Lou’ intern development program is in full swing. Last week, GLI graduated the first of two 2022 cohorts, and this week the second cohort began its four weeks of programming. The program takes college-aged students completing internships at local companies through an immersive experience of professional and personal life in Louisville.
Finding You in Lou was launched in 2021 as an initiative of GLI’s nationally recognized talent attraction initiative, Live in Lou. The goal is to retain and attract emerging talent to the region by showcasing quality of life assets that differentiate Louisville from competitor markets.
Over four weeks, participants meet with community partners including the Young Professionals Association of Louisville, American Advertising Federation – Louisville, and Leadership Louisville to hear about their services and tips for entering the professional world. This year, the program was divided into two cohorts to allow additional students to participate. Participants represent 21 employers across a variety of industries.
“This program is about more than developing professional skills, it is about creating connections that make Louisville feel like home and a place to start a career,” said Tosha Ridenour, GLI’s manager of talent outreach and program manager of Finding You in Lou. “We have a great group of interns who are eager to grow as professionals and explore the possibilities of a post-graduate life in Louisville. I’m excited to see how this program will help our community attract and retain emerging talent in the years to come.”
Congratulations to the June Cohort graduates:
- Alex Cox – Weyland Ventures
- Haley Jackson – Dare to Care
- Kait Neal – Sazerac Comapny
- Alexander Pollitt – Louisville Sports Commission
- Aly Wilder – RunSwitch PR
- Elly Zuber – LouCity and Racing Foundation
The following interns were selected to participate in the July Cohort which will graduate in August:
- Kennedy Bardley – Humana
- Katie Barker – Brown-Forman
- Paul Barrera – Louisville Metro Government
- Dacia Berry – KFC Foundation
- Anthony Brock – Mercer
- Marissa Coleman – Speed Art Museum
- Daniela Gutierrez-Folch – Holbrook and Holbrook
- Grahme Gregory – FORVIS
- Robert Hampton – FORVIS
- Paul Heim – Stock Yards Bank
- Ousman Jobe – Republic Bank
- Cameron Kaskocsak – FORVIS
- Usher Khan – University of Louisville
- Lillian Mishloney – FORVIS
- Shine Nyein – University of Louisville
- Caroline Petrie – FORVIS
- Caroline Sheehan – Kroger Company
- Pranavi Veeramachaneni – Greater Louisville Inc.
- Jerry Zhang – Mercer