April 8, 2020 4:47pm
COVID-19 Renewal Task Force
COVID-19 is affecting us all and the uncertainty is hard for everyone, but in the midst of it, we see groups working together like never before. It is clear that business leadership is imperative in addressing the short-term needs and the long-term recovery of this pandemic. Therefore, we have organized a task force to help our community with post COVID-19 renewal efforts.
Initial goals of the Renewal Task Force are:
- Provide high-level guidance and insight on business response efforts.
- Identify any areas of need in the community that have not already been addressed and organize partners for action.
- Advocate for COVID-19 relief at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Provide input on an exit strategy from the quarantine.
- Mobilize financial resources when needed.
- Leverage your business networks to engage others in relief efforts.
“The business community has shown a tenacity in looking for solutions and aiding the community, and this task force will take a look at the solutions being proposed to make them better while offering up new ideas. We want the business community as a whole thinking about them and offering guidance,” said GLI President and CEO Sarah Davasher-Wisdom.
It is critically important that we work together to emerge from this crisis united and prepared to resume economic activity immediately.
The Renewal Task force will work to navigate our region’s economy post COVID-19. We greatly appreciate the participation and expertise of those on the task force and we are excited to begin working to restore the economic success of greater Louisville.
The Task Force is Chaired by Kerry Stemler of K.M. Stemler Co., Inc.