Transportation & Infrastructure
GLI’s Transportation and Infrastructure Committee focuses on issues impacting all aspects of transportation and infrastructure, including not only funding for roads, bridges, and highways, but also policies related to multi-modal transportation systems, water and wastewater infrastructure, telecommunications infrastructure, and the Ohio River. Substantial and sustained investment in Kentucky’s transportation infrastructure is crucial to our economic vitality. Thriving communities depend on the ability to move workers to jobs and products to market quickly and safely. GLI’s transportation positions support significant infrastructure investment to promote commerce and ensure safe and reliable transportation access in our region and throughout the state.
Some of GLI’s key transportation and infrastructure wins from 2017 and 2018 include passage of legislation enhancing regional water and wastewater systems and increased funding for Greater Louisville regional highways. Read more about legislative wins in 2017 and 2018.
The Transportation and Infrastructure Committee meets monthly and also receives specialized email and calls-to-action on issues related to the Committee’s interests. To learn more about joining the Committee, send us a quick email. All GLI investors are eligible to serve on one or more of GLI’s six Issue Advisory Committees.
2018 & 2019 Transportation and Infrastructure PRIORITIES
- Road Aid Modernization
- Sustainable Funding for Infrastructure
- Multi-Modal Transportation
- Investment in Quality Water & Sewer Infrastructure
- Telecommunications Infrastructure for the Future
To read more about GLI’s 2019-2020 Federal priorities, click here.
- Being Rebuilding American Infrastructure
- Grow Greater Louisville Airports
- Water, Wastewater, Stormwater, and Flood Protection
- Inland Waterway Infrastructure
- Federal Resources for Railroad Infrastructure
- Funding for Local Transportation
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Develop our Regional Transportation Workforce