Transportation & Infrastructure
GLI’s Transportation and Infrastructure Committee focuses on issues impacting all aspects of transportation and infrastructure, including not only funding for roads, bridges, and highways, but also policies related to multi-modal transportation systems, water and wastewater infrastructure, telecommunications infrastructure, and the Ohio River. Substantial and sustained investment in Kentucky’s transportation infrastructure is crucial to our economic vitality. Thriving communities depend on the ability to move workers to jobs and products to market quickly and safely. GLI’s transportation positions support significant infrastructure investment to promote commerce and ensure safe and reliable transportation access in our region and throughout the state.
The Transportation and Infrastructure Committee meets twice per year and also receives specialized emails and calls-to-action on issues related to the Committee’s interests. To learn more about joining the Committee, send us a quick email. All GLI investors are eligible to serve on one or more of GLI’s six Issue Advisory Committees.
Transportation and Infrastructure PRIORITIES
- Increase infrastructure funding and modernize Kentucky’s road aid formula
- Establish a multi-modal transportation fund
- Increase state investment in public transportation
- Support investment in regional water and wastewater systems and protect their ability to deliver quality services
- Support the growth and development of telecommunications infrastructure throughout Greater Louisville