GLI’s Health Care Committee focuses on issues affecting Greater Louisville’s growing health care sector. GLI’s health care positions support legislative initiatives that provide for flexible, affordable, consumer-driven health care, insurance plans, and options that ultimately lead to the improved health of our citizens. One of GLI’s top health care priorities is improving Kentucky’s legal liability climate, which studies have shown to be one of the least business-friendly in the nation. In addition, the accessibility of quality, affordable health care coverage for employers and employees remains a top priority for Kentucky businesses. The Greater Louisville business community favors health care policies that support and incentivize healthy lifestyles, access to information in order to provide informed choices, and affordable workable solutions for health care coverage. It also supports continued investment in Louisville’s health-related facilities and enterprises.
The Health Care Committee generally meets twice per year—once in the Fall and once in the Spring—and also receives specialized emails and calls-to-action on issues related to the Committee’s interests. To learn more about joining the Committee, send us a quick email. All GLI investors are eligible to serve on one or more of GLI’s six Issue Advisory Committees.
Health Care PRIORITIES
- Ensure the stability and effectiveness of Kentucky’s Medicaid system
- Maintain Kentucky’s certificate of need system
- Protect health care providers from COVID-19 lawsuits
- Support health care providers in accessing top talent and overcoming workforce challenges
- Improve the health of Kentucky’s workforce through policies aimed at decreasing smoking and nicotine usage and addressing the substance use disorder crisis
- Support policies to eliminate health disparities and promote health equity