Environment & Energy
GLI’s Environment and Energy Committee focuses on environmental, regulatory, and energy-related issues impacting numerous different industries in the Greater Louisville region, ranging from manufacturing and Bourbon to utilities and logistics. GLI supports reasonable regulations that protect the environment and facilitate economic growth and energy policies that grow renewable, domestically-produced and alternative energy resources in Kentucky, while maintaining Kentucky’s low energy costs, to protect the vital role energy plays in economic development and business success.
The Environment and Energy Committee meets monthly and also receives specialized email and calls-to-action on issues related to the Committee’s interests. To learn more about joining the Committee, send us a quick email. All GLI investors are eligible to serve on one or more of GLI’s six Issue Advisory Committees.
Environment and Energy PRIORITIES
- Encourage Investment & Research in Renewable Energy Resources
- Support Brownfield Remediation Programs & Assistance
- Attract & Retain Regulatory Professionals
- Protect Kentucky’s Status as an Affordable Energy State
To read more about GLI’s Federal priorities, click here.
- Affordable Clean Energy Rule
- Waters of the U.S.
- Regulatory Reforms
- Funding for Brownfields Remediation