April 29, 2020 8:49pm
Kentucky announces business reopenings in May
This week, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear announced a timeline for business reopenings in Kentucky as well as important guidelines for businesses to follow.
The guidelines, outlined below, include continuing teleworking when possible, face masks, onsite temperate checks, and more. See below for additional details.
Governor Beshear also announced the following timeline for business reopenings in May:
- May 11 – Manufacturing, construction, vehicle and vessel dealerships, professional services (at 50% of pre-outbreak capacity), horse racing (without spectators), pet grooming and boarding
- May 20 – Retail, houses of worship
- May 25 – Social gatherings of no more than 10 people, barbers, salons, cosmetology businesses and similar services
Throughout Kentucky’s reopening process, formally known as Health at Work, businesses and industry groups are encouraged to submit reopening proposals and strategies to the Office of the Governor and the Department for Public Health. Businesses and associations, however, are NOT required to submit proposals to reopen. Instead, proposals are intended to aid the Governor and Department for Public Health in making decisions on when and how to reopen different sectors of the economy.
Healthy at Work is a phased-in approach to reopening. In the first phase, the Kentucky Department of Public Health will evaluate whether Kentucky has met public health benchmarks based on guidelines provided by the White House. In the second phase, the Department for Public Health will evaluate the ability of different industries and sectors to safely reopen, using input provided through online questionnaires. Reminder: no business, association, or trade group is required to submit a proposal. Once determined that it can be done safely, businesses will be reopened regardless of if they submitted a proposal, provided that they implement all the necessary health and safety measures recommended.
- Click here for the association reopening proposal questionnaire
- Click here for for the individual business reopening proposal questionnaire
Read more about Healthy at Work here.