September 24, 2020 2:36pm
Indiana enters final phase of economic reopening plan
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb has announced that the Hoosier State will soon be moving into the fifth and final stage of its reopening process, which includes allowing bars and restaurants to operate at full capacity. Social distancing guidelines and the statewide masking requirements will remain in place.
Stage 5 will officially begin on September 26, 2020. Some of the key reopening updates in Stage 5 include the following:
- Size limitations are removed for social gatherings and meetings.
- Restaurants and bars that offer food service may open at full capacity.
- Bars and nightclubs may open at full capacity.
- Indoor and outdoor venues of all types may open at full capacity.
- Gyms, fitness centers and workout facilities may resume normal operations.
Some restrictions do still apply to impacted industries, including social distancing and masking. Read more about Indiana’s Stage 5 plan here.
Read about the current state of Kentucky’s re-opening process here.