November 1, 2019 11:04am
GLI’s Election Day Guide 2019
On Tuesday, November 5, Kentuckians will cast ballots for the Commonwealth’s constitutional offices. While GLI does not endorse candidates seeking elected office, we strongly urge members of the Greater Louisville business community to vote and be actively engaged in the electoral process. Use the resources in this post to make sure you are informed and prepared for November 5.
What offices are up for election?
- Governor/Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General
- Secretary of State
- State Treasurer
- State Auditor
- Commissioner of Agriculture
Where can I learn more about the candidates?
GLI sent questionnaires to candidates running for statewide office to find out where they stand on some of the Greater Louisville business community’s most important priorities. Questions were set by GLI’s Public Policy Council. Read the candidates’ responses below.
- Greg Stumbo, Democratic Candidate for Attorney General
- Daniel Cameron, Republican Candidate for Attorney General
- Heather French Henry, Democratic Candidate for Secretary of State
- Michael Adams, Republican Candidate for Secretary of State
- Sheri Donahue, Democratic Candidate for State Auditor
- Mike Harmon, Republican Candidate for State Auditor
- Michael Bowman, Democratic Candidate for State Treasurer
- Allison Ball, Republican Candidate for State Treasurer
- Robert Conway, Democratic Candidate for Commissioner of Agriculture
- Ryan Quarles, Republican Candidate for Commissioner of Agriculture
When and where can I vote?
Polls in Kentucky are open from 6:00am to 6:00pm. Under Kentucky law, if you are in line at 6:00pm, you will be allowed to vote. Use the links below to find your polling site.