June 16, 2020 6:02pm
GLI releases 2020-2021 Federal Agenda
Greater Louisville Inc. (GLI), the metro chamber of commerce, releases its 2020-2021 Federal Agenda this week to help prioritize the ongoing advocacy work between the chamber and federal policymakers.
“Building consensus on these legislative priorities empowers GLI to focus on policies that will greatly benefit our region’s economy. As we continue to navigate the unchartered waters of life with COVID-19 and address long-term issues of inequality, we remain committed to working with our federal delegation on solutions to support greater Louisville,” said Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, President and CEO of GLI.
GLI’s key policy positions in the 2020-2021 Federal Agenda include:
- Continue funding small business loan programs and give businesses more flexibility in how loans can be utilized and forgiven.
- Establish robust legal liability protections for employers to protect businesses from costly litigation related to the pandemic.
- Refocus federal workforce and training programs to assist workers displaced by the pandemic in developing new skills and returning to the labor force.
- Encourage regulatory flexibility and the development of accessible guidelines by federal agencies to assist businesses with regulatory compliance.
- Dedicate large-scale resources to protect public health and rebuild our health care infrastructure.
“The Federal Agenda represents countless hours of work by GLI investors, who came together to identify key federal priorities that will strengthen opportunities for our community to be successful,” said Tim Hagerty, GLI Public Policy Council Chair and Member of Frost Brown Todd.
The 2020-2021 Federal Agenda is the result of a collaborative process within GLI that included issue advisory committees, GLI investors and the Public Policy Council with the agenda being approved by the GLI Board of Directors in May 2020. Additionally, GLI will be convening its Business Council to End Racism in the coming weeks to reengage on a variety of policy recommendations with a focus to address racism, inequities, and solutions to support communities of color in current as well as future federal priorities.