2012 IdeaFestival Program Announced
From September 19th-22nd at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts more than 40 speakers and sessions will explore, discuss and celebrate innovation, imagination and world-changing ideas.
Over 4 days, IdeaFestival will bring together thousands of passionate minds and voices from a variety of disciplines - all working towards the convergence and exploration of how ideas shape our future. This dynamic environment provides a jumping-off point for initiating a new way of 21st century thinking for this early adopter and creative community. IdeaFestival attracts those extraordinary people who drive diversity, accelerate art, induce awe and define significance, while hosting a wide range of attendees ranging from Fortune 500 CEO's to high school freshmen...because the answers are everywhere.
2012 Speaker highlights include:
• Baratunde Thurston - Politically-active Blogger, Author and Technology-loving Comedian from the future, Baratunde joins IF to discuss his new book, How To Be Black, which offers a poignant and humorous look at the complexities of contemporary racial politics and personal identity.
• Mayim Bialik - Actress (Big Bang Theory and Blossom), Neuroscientist and Author. Perhaps best known for her lead role in the 1990s television show "Blossom" and now as the character Amy Farrah Fowler on the hit TV show "The Big Bang Theory", Mayim discusses her interconnected life as an actress and neuroscientist.
• Kevin Colleran - Former Facebook Executive, Pioneering Brand Strategist, General Catalyst Partners Venture Partner. As one of its first ten employees, Kevin Colleran helped build Facebook into a global phenomenon. At IF he will provide an "insider's" view on the success the company as well as his hard-won insights for reimagining and reenergizing companies and brands.
• Lisa Randall - Harvard Theoretical Physicist, Cosmologist, Author, named one of Time's 100 Most Influential People, Lisa will take the audience on an amazing journey through some of the most perplexing aspects of our universe, including hidden dimensions, dark matter and black holes.
• Peter Van Buren - Foreign Services Officer, Blogger and Author of We Meant Well, Peter provides an eyewitness account of the complex US effort to rebuild Iraq and his experiences in "helping lose the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people."
• Nikky Finney - Poet, Professor and Author, Finny sheds light on the powerful synergy between art, history and life. Her fourth book of poetry, Head Off & Split, was awarded the 2011 National book Award for Poetry.
The full 2012 festival agenda is available here.
Visit www.ideafestival.com for more information.